Tuesday, 31 August 2010

Making your PC faster

Many people have the problem of having a amazingly laggy PC which annoys me. so I'm going to make a quick guide to making your PC faster, this is what i do and my computer runs fine on only 1gb of ram on vista.
Yes i know my PC sucks anywho,
the 2 main problem of a laggy PC are Trapped files and virus's which can easily be fixed.
Firstly you want to download CCleaner this gets rid of all the trapped crap in your PC.
Here's the link.  
http://www.filehippo.com/download_ccleaner/ 
Download it and then run it, you want to run it from time to time so it keeps your PC clean.
Now you want Antivirus Software i recommend AVG free its what i use and its sweet.
Link here.  
http://download.cnet.com/AVG-Anti-Virus-Free-Edition/3000-2239_4-10320142.html
Download that and run it, also you may want to uninstall your other Antivirus software as having too many makes your PC laggy.
Again you want to run this from time to time, like once a week unlike CCleaner which you should run every 2 days or so. 
and that is basically it, very simple but makes a big difference :) 
I hope this Helped you, let me know in the comments. 
If you have any other Tips, let me know, again in the comments :)
- CerialGuy.

EDIT - Also 'athanasian echo' mentioned about defragging your computer which helps as well :) simply go to 'my computer - right click the drive you want to defrag :ie C drive. - properties - tools tab . Defragmentation. should do this about maybe once every 2 weeks or so. Cheers for the Comment 'athanasian echo' :) 
Google defraggler, this program is a beast for defragging.


- CerialGuy.

43 comments:

  1. checking out your blog again coming along nicely

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is lots of hard work ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. if my computer could handle downloading something off the internet i would most definitely do this

    ReplyDelete
  4. Would you Recommend AVG over McAfee? I am currently not paying for it but am able to get it for free.

    CCleaner I have been using for years. It works too well not to.

    ReplyDelete
  5. bored browsin and showin support. View me bro?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, this actually helps! :D

    http://mrekonomi.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good tips for PCnoobs.
    I'm following!

    http://circlefap.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't think snakeoil (Antivirus) is a good choice. Most times the ppl think they safe from any viruses and click on every shit and so they get infected if it's an undetectable virus. Best advise is that one should look what he's doing and not click and hope everything work.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  10. windows 7 > vista..

    and it runs perfectly fine with 1gb ram..

    ReplyDelete
  11. How can I make my mac faster??? Oh wait lol its already fast

    ReplyDelete
  12. good blog, lots of useful info here. Followed and major respect for someone trying to help out those who many not know.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I live by CCleaner. Respect.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Also, a Disk Defragment about every two weeks and a Disc Cleanup every couple of days is good. Sometimes more may be needed depending on how much you use your computer and the internet.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm not really a big fan of having a downloaded app clean my computer. I usually manually defragment my discs, and use other system tools.

    ReplyDelete
  16. read. will be back for more info.

    plz to be keep posting.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for the tips man. I already have AVG but Ill definitely look into that cleaner. See you around.

    ReplyDelete
  18. nice tip dude
    i loved it
    keep it up :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Really great advice!!

    Followed and supporting :)

    http://random-tears.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. thanks for the tips! i had 200 spywares on my comp X_X

    ReplyDelete
  21. lol that works :P can't hurt


    showed some love and following!

    stop by
    http://bigdailydose.blogspot.com/
    (everyone is welcome.. follow me and I'll get you back)

    ReplyDelete
  22. following. your blog looks great. keep it up.

    feel free to check mine out:
    http://jackrainsubjectzero.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  23. Not a bad app, shame I already have it :p
    http://ahaaaaar.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  24. AVG is def the best free antivirus out there right now. didn't use to be that way, but it is now.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I found Microsoft Security Essentials to be better than AVG. Yea it's Microsoft, but it works great.

    http://iuseandroid.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. I have not such talents. Wish I had that kind of imagination.

    ReplyDelete
  27. ive heard about superantispyware which is free, is that any good ?

    ReplyDelete
  28. I use avast personally, avg slows my netbook down too much.

    ReplyDelete
  29. i need to do this. soo much lagggggg...

    http://makenonevermind.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete